Another tire question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oficial websites are somehow inaccurate.Check Tiresbyweb and call them.They have255/55/19V 111 XL for259 a tire.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I hate to sound like a broken record, but Cooper Zeon's have been such good overall tires, that I am finallry ready for my second set. Mind you, that is after...choke, choke...42,000 miles. I really have another 4 or 5 thousand miles left, but with winter coming, I think I should make the change. I can't express how pleased I am with these tires, on such a heavy vehicle, that have taken me on 3 Great Divide trips, numerous trips to the desert, rocks, water, snow, rain, and mud. The only time they were a little iffy was in some greasy mud at 12,000 feet in Colorado in the hail and rain.

You will not go wrong with the Cooper Zeon LTZ tire. PERIOD...

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, are those tires in the 285/60 size still being made/sold ?? Last I heard
they had stopped production. Just curious.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I hate to sound like a broken record, but Cooper Zeon's have been such good overall tires, that I am finallry ready for my second set. Mind you, that is after...choke, choke...42,000 miles. I really have another 4 or 5 thousand miles left, but with winter coming, I think I should make the change. I can't express how pleased I am with these tires, on such a heavy vehicle, that have taken me on 3 Great Divide trips, numerous trips to the desert, rocks, water, snow, rain, and mud. The only time they were a little iffy was in some greasy mud at 12,000 feet in Colorado in the hail and rain.

If they made them in a 19" wheel, they'd be my choice...

trackstar

Reaction score
Guys,

How are they on-road? Noise, handling? Do they have the mountain snowflake rating? Good place to buy online?

Last edited:

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see 285/60 18 on their website anymore.They have 4 choices left only.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are they on-road? Noise, handling? Do they have the mountain snowflake rating? Good place to buy online?

Search on this forum by my name and Cooper and you find a LOT of thread comments regarding the quality of this tire from all sorts of folks.

trackstar

Reaction score
Thanks.

I think I've narrowed it down to the Zeons and the Grabber AT2. I like the fact the the Grabber is severe snow rated (in 285-60-18).

They appear to both be competent off road,so I'm trying to find info to compare on-road noise/handling and snow traction.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the At2s. No noise to start and if you keep up with tire rotations. Great in the snow, but i didnt think my particular size was severe snow rated. Ill check. These are the only tires I have ever had on the Lr3, so I can speak to how they handle compared to all seasons.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM