Anybody know what i'm leaking and where from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

scotty

Everything is running very smooth. I went to the dealership in Miami today and was quoted $890.35. The parts are less than $100 for both the front and rear main seal. They said it would take 7 hours of work at $100 an hour. They will also have to change the oil which is $99! The leak is really slow, overnight there will be a quarter sized oil spot on the ground. I think I will just put this off till it gets worse. The lady in the service department suggested waiting till it dripped like a faucet. Thanks guys!

N

NHESS81

Wait, so your rover doesnt already drip like a faucet?

haha all kidding aside, well, at least you basically got your answer, and now if things get worse, you know where to attack it...good luck in the future on it! hope we were able to provide something that resembled help...

B

bdog

scotty said:
Everything is running very smooth. I went to the dealership in Miami today...

Don't go to the stealership for a rear main seal. A rear main engine seal from DAP is $12.50 Front crank seal is $4.48

http://www.dap-inc.com/

scotty said:
They said it would take 7 hours of work at $100 an hour.
It could take half a day, but not at $100 an hour. Find a local mechanic to do it for $50-$60 an hour if that or a flat fee $250 to pull the tranny. I have a LR mechanic here that charges $25 an hour.

scotty said:
They will also have to change the oil which is $99!
It's the engine oil... $21.95

Good luck, but I would call around and check to see what someone local would do it for.

S

scotty

Yeah, it doesn't drip that much. I was kinda just paranoid bc i had just bought it. Well, when it does get to dripping bad I'll know what to do and to stay away from the dealership. Thanks a lot guys!

S

scotty

My service engine soon light started flashing at me this morning. I had just checked the oil and it was below the second notch(ADD OIL). After adding about a quart of oil, the light no longer flashed, but it is now permanently lit up. Anybody know if having less than enough oil can make the service engine soon light start blinking?

Tirewall

Reaction score
Service Engine Soon is a service reminder that gets triggered at a certain mileage point. Do a search on the website on service engine soon and it will tell you where the module is and how to turn it off with a piece of wire or straightened paperclip. Check Engine Light is a different story.

S

scotty

It went off on its own after driving it for 24 hours. The engine just needed more oil...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99