Anyone take the new Land Rover LR4 off road yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone take the new Land Rover LR4 off road yet? I am cant wait to see one muddy and in deep water!!!

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got hit by a huge snowstorm here in the mid-atlantic, 15+ inches of snow. The LR4 was amazing, not even close to being stuck and i drove through the deepest snow i could find. It just did awesome on all counts, starting stopping etc....

I must say i am impressed to say the least.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics? um no..lol...it was a complete whiteout i'm not so sure they would have come out..

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got hit by a huge snowstorm here in the mid-atlantic, 15+ inches of snow. The LR4 was amazing, not even close to being stuck and i drove through the deepest snow i could find. It just did awesome on all counts, starting stopping etc....

I must say i am impressed to say the least.

I drove through that storm from NC to NY then finally was in the clear when I hit CT, but then a few hours later it dumped 20 inches on us..... Thank God My bro is up here with his D2, That thing owned the snows it was amazing, we were drivign in 20 inches of snow starting from a stop on hills and not gettin stuck! This is just the ultimate vehicle!

....LR4 has a locking rear right?

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the Locking rear comes with the HD package which i do not have. Didnt seem to matter-)

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the LR3/4 is just awesome, but I'm would love to have one with a Locker, it makes a huge difference when you in a tight situation... I was up at Uwharrie with an LR3 that had the rear locker and we were crawling through some rocks and the LR3 made it and I began to crawl it with my P38 Range without a rear locker and I was quickly sliding towards a huge rock wall that would have done a ton of damage to my Range..... I decided then that my next Rover is going to have atleast one locker!

aesopian

Reaction score
I've taken my LR4 off-roading twice. Both times up to Illinois Gulch in Colorado. First time out was dry, nice ruts, challenging rock sections and an area of long, steep rutted road.

One of my favorite sections was cantering to the left and then to the right multiple times. The vehicle did a fantastic job of sticking to the trail in low, extended mode and all terrain selections.

The next weekend out on the same trail was a different animal. Snow, mud, and a mix of dry. Some moments of pucker factor, but the hill descent worked as advertised on a steep snow covered section. Running Pirelli Scorpion ATR's. Tires did a great job.

Climbing - Best I've ever owned. I've had Chevy, Toyota and Mazda 4x4's and an all-wheel drive Acura MDX. The MDX would never have been taken off-road like this, but a luxury class vehicle. None of my past vehicles compare with the LR4.

I had a satisfied grin experiencing what I'd read, watched and listened about Land Rover's off-road capability. Having this packed into a vehicle that looks and drives fantastic only adds to the satisfaction.

I can't wait to do and learn more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112