ARB Fridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI- the latest issue of Overland Journal has a great write up fridges.
I've used earlier ARB units in Range Rovers and had no issues in three 100+deg F days.
They're worth the steep price.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using the older style ARB fridge for years now as well... I've been waiting for it to even flinch so I can tell my wife I need to buy a new one, but it's been rock solid.

It runs pretty much year round as well. Either in the rig doing some sort of duty, or on the deck as my beer cooler.

I find it super handy for a bunch of things beyond camping as well... Just running to the store for some groceries is easy, because you just drop them in the ARB and dont have to worry about heading right home to unload.

I did replaced the relay with the jumper as well. Only running a single battery, and havent had any issues. The longest I let it go is overnight though, and it's in my driveway, not a remote campsite.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow- will be very interested to hear how it goes!

This will be my second year. It was pretty fast paced last year so I didn't have time to take any pictures. The challenges are mostly time/quantity based, so you end up screaming through all the obsticles!!! Was a lot of fun.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Traxide's dual battery setup and it is fantastic. I run a Dometic 3-way fridge. This is basically an RV fridge that can run on 12v, 120v, or propane gas. I run it on 12v while the LR3 is running or for short (less than 12 hours) durations off. If I am not running the truck for more than 12 hours, I switch over to gas. Gas lasts forever for a simple $3 canister found everywhere. The ability to run on gas has proved a wonderful capability when dry camping. (Saves on battery life as well since you are not constanctly discharging/charging your 12v system)

I am thinking about adding the Engel fridge (ARB) for the deep freeze capability and running both. Dometic as the fridge and Engel as the freezer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99