Are dealership info systems linked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bombardier

I posted a while back about codes on O2s and MAF on my 2003 disco with 23k miles. runs beautifully...i took it to the dealer and they found a mouse nest in the truck and thinks they may have munched wires. which means not covered by warranty. he said it looks to be an electrical problem however all wires look fine...but the wire harness runs through the intake mani and needs to be removed for inspection. At about $700 for labor will most likely end up not finding anything i told him not to go forward.

I'd like to take the disco to another rover in hopes of getting work covered by warranty..but if they share info they will obviously see the findings of the local shop. so, does anyone know if dearlership systems are linked?

note: luckily i have a local independent rover tech who i met with, and the guy is awesome. from his equipment (has all LR certified diagnostic equipment) he tends to think there is no problem with wires and could just be O2s etc...which is obviously warranty work. so basically because one dealership most likely misdiagnosed a problem i could be screwed out of warranty covered work.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The Dealers are linked, but it all depends on how they worded the info.... call your next closest dealer and ask them to fax over any service info they have on your vehicle.... tell them something to the effect you are looking to sell and the buyer wants the info....

Are we not all willing to sell at the right price?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635