Bad wheel bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asmitty911

Reaction score
def get it fixed before you dont have a choice. we found out the hard way on christmas day in the middle of an 18 hour drive to texas. broke down in the middle Louisiana at 3am. ended up costing about $4k to replace all the front wheel assemblies, front axle, and brake assemblies. still have issues with warnings to this day.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it yesterday...got a Timken bearing/hub for $150 from rockauto. The CV joint nut is a M24x1.5mm in case anyone is reading this. It's a lot easier to just give an autoparts store that size then giving them the LR3 info, since most places don't list anything for Land Rovers. If anyone has any questions about the repair, I'd be happy to answer them. Used a chisel to get a gap going between the knuckle and the bearing, some pounding, PB blaster, cussing etc finally broke free. That was the hardest part.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey CMG, did you buy one or two hubs? Should have bought two and saved on freight. It's been just 13 days since I put the left one on, and I heard the right one start squealing today.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the one for now, but I'll be waiting for the passenger side one lol. I don't think I could've done two in one day...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink