bearing noise comming from motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the fetzer valves?

You guys are so far off it's pathetic....... There is only one thing it can be, and that's a muffler bearing! Prop wash clears it right up... No OIL ,just makes it worse!! :rolleyes:

Cheers
John

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did the pitch of the noise change with engine speed at all - or was it constant?

Or did it change with road speed perhaps?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A fetzer valve noise changes with speeds of any king, the muffler bearing noise is more affected by temperature. I straight away missed that possibility.

Maybe, just maybe, RonLR3 bought an actual lemon! He had to get some extra value for his paying $10,000 over MSRP. There's always hope . . .

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, you think he's a troll, and that's why you're being f**kwits!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'bout time you got it, cdod....but then again you probably don't know Ronnie's history on this message board. I will excuse your ignorance this time...but keep making statements like that above and you will be setting sail to ******-bag Island to join RonLR3!

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'bout time you got it, cdod....but then again you probably don't know Ronnie's history on this message board. I will excuse your ignorance this time...but keep making statements like that above and you will be setting sail to ******-bag Island to join RonLR3!

Fortunately I don't need the blessing of anyone on the forum to have a happy and productive day

But thanks for the kind words

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, it's not just us he's bombarding with ******** and nonsensical posts. He's also on an FJ board (don't know how he fits his 'monster' body in that one) asking them how to re-map the gearing or torque curve or some crap so it accelerates better from 80mph.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...is his handle RONFJ on that forum?

He is a troll. ...the VIN he gave me was legit, though! At least it belongs to an LR3 out there somewhere.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This trolling clearly indicates some type of underlying emotional problems or needs. I did not google it, and the anonymity probably precludes serious study, but there must be papers on the subject by now. Sociopaths find their ways into virtual communities, I guess, just as in real ones.

Now, Cdod (who might easily search RonLR3's history here with a click on his profile) and Houm simpy need to kiss and make up so that balance returns to our little board.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo