Best tire advice for LR3 BC Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

west coast1

Reaction score
Hi Folks - my question is currently I am running my LR3 V6SE on a set of Toyo Proxes S/T tires that came with my used car purchase. I will be looking to replace them this coming year with something a bit more appropriate to BC Western Canada driving. These tires are great but they could not be considered all-season. We don't get a lot of snow on Vancouver Island and being retired I can pick and chose when I go out but I do have a long steep gravel driveway that gets really nasty as now with some packed icy snow.

So what do your experts recommend - I don't particularly like the new style tires where they as this set do only fit on the correct corner of the car. With little arrows on them to ensure you fit them right because I am old school and like to rotate them but maybe I have to move on. Just looking for a really good set of all season road tires (I don't go off road although my driveway feels that way at 1000 +' of mostly hairpins and 30 to 35 degree plus slopes). So any advice will be VERY welcome ands if they don't break the bank and have my wife saying HOW MUCH it will be a neat little bonus.

Take care and good thanksgiving to my US neighbours

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are as many threads as opinions on LR3 tires but I strongly believe that at least in the 19" line, the Hankook Ventus AS are the best value. Quiet and they go great in the snow.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General Grabber AT2: All that needs to be said. Or Toyo Open Country AT

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for an all season tire with the severe weather rating -mountain snowflake. Nokian and Vrestedian make some very good but expesive tires.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pirelli ATR.... Rides great on the road and has the balls for snow or just about anything else short of ******** off road stuff

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear wrangler silent armor would probably be a good all around tire. Has the snowflake symbol, long lasting, quiet. Not the greatest for off road, but it sounds like that's not where your interests lie. I have the Nokians Hakkapelitta, but they are pretty much over **** in Michigan...not to mention winter only.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run pirelli snow and ice in eastern Washington during the winter and the are awesome. Climb hills that outbacks cannot handle. A little squishy for handling but nice deep self cleaning tread.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running studded General AT2s...not cheap but they seem to be working well in the Cascade Range in the last week. I live on a fairly long 16% grade that gets interesting when ther's black ice and these tires have handled it well...so far...
Cheers,
jorge

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire sizes

West Coast:

I compiled a list of the most popular tire sizes for 18, 19 and 20 inch rim sizes. Check out the chart and see what is best for you. Hope this helps.

http://johnsonrods.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis