BFG T/A KO2 in 19"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stl8grey

Reaction score
The Duratracs are loud as well. They are quite durable and wear remarkably even though.

Fugi Snow

Reaction score
My mechanic who owns a 2012 LR4 and has the best shop specializing in Rovers in Santa Fe says LR4,s go through tires no matter alignment or type of tire. So just relax and enjoy the tires while yah have em.

stl8grey

Reaction score
We have 189k on our LR4 and the new Terrain Contacts are our third set total.We only have about 5k miles on them. So, the original Continentals, then the Duratracs and now these. We had an LR3 that only went thru 2 sets in 155k miles. The second set on the LR3 were the Grabber AT2 in 18 inch. I think they wear tires quite awesome. The weight and robust suspension keep the tires planted for sure. We do not do anything special to them either. I do not even recall rotating the Duratracs. The Rover is the best vehicle we have ever owned no doubt.

viper_iii

Reaction score
That is due to the lower bushings - replace those and keep a decent balance and you don't get really wicked Cupping like I've got...

but just throw some mud / snow / sand / rocks under them and all is good!

LTZ sidewall cuts though - hrmm... maybe those were Nittos....
very similar tire but only in 18" on those

Never have run the BFGs... usually a pretty solid tire for my other vehicles though.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you run LR3 OEM wheels do you need to run a spacer to clear the brake caliper?

On an LR4? Yes. 1.25"

Or you can grind the **** out of the fins on the LR4 brake calipers, or you can swap in LR3 brake calipers.

Ladric

Reaction score
Continental Terrain Contact. Just went to them from the Duratracs. Quieter. Have not had them long enough out on the farm to give any country road comparison.

Did you have to use a spacer?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72