Bike rack + parking sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still-one,

I am curious what your build date is and if you have the rear camera? My 2011 built 1/11 only has the rear camera and rear sensors, no front sensor and the button to turn off sensors is blank. Just curious to know when they made the change over to rear camera only.

Thanks!
I am not sure of the build date but I purchased the vehicle on the 15th of September and it had been at the dealership at least two weeks prior.

Yes my vehicle has the rear back-up camera and it also has the voice command feature which was subsequently eliminated.

Jim

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours has the button to turn off the sensors, but has rear and front sensors. I don't know the build date but we have a blank button for the voice command feature.

JB23

Reaction score
I just checked my build date and it's 8/10. I don't have the voice command button either. I do however have the vision assist package.

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently joined the forum after picking up a new LR4 HSE this winter. Love all the great info I'm finding on this site, so thought I'd throw a couple questions out there.

So I just installed a hitch mount bike rack (Kuat NV) and have a couple quick questions.

1) Is there any way to turn off the rear parking sensor or at least turn down the volume? With the rack installed, now whenever I backup I have to listen to the steady warning tone of impending doom. I went through the manual and found there is a parking sensor button next to the harards button. I however do not seem to have the option that gets me this button. I also read the sensor will be deactivated when trailer cables are hooked up. As I only have the receiver, I do not have any cables to connect.

2) For those of you with the quick release tow hitch installed, should there be a little side to side movement with this hitch? The rack is rock solid in the receiver, but there is some movement with the hitch itself. Wanted to see if this is normal or if I should take apart and reinstall (dealer originally installed).

Thanks for the help!
I know you can turn the volume down with the radio knob while they are going off

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM