Blown D1???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

campbell

I think it's funny to see people's faces when you tell them you are getting 12 MPG in the city and 16 MPG on the highway. I have a heavy foot...
I didn't buy this vehicle for it's gas mileage. I bought it because it looks awesome, not many around, and it is tuff as he||...
Being able to go 100 MPH is not a big deal. The acceleration, however, is. It would be fun to pull next to a Mustang or Camaro and smoke them off the line. The look on their face at the next stop light as they embarassingly sink into their seat would be priceless. :biggrin:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco race car?

Reagan, I'm a hotrod nut also so don't get mad at me please. To drag race a 4,600# vehicle is bad thinking as to keep up with todays high power to weight vehicles you would need 400 hp. Sure it can be done but at what expense? Trash the driveline? I installed a "mild cam", after the smog tests i found i could of installed a bigger cam, but didn't. The 4.6 in a D1 w/5-speed is a vast improvement over the 3.9, yes it's fun. At rpi you can get a 5.2 motor with 334 hp@5,500, 362# tq@ 4,500, not to practical for every day driving. I can take off at 500 rpm. Far as safety at high speeds, i have heavy springs front and rear, big sway bars also, i'm 1 " lower in the front, 1 3/4" lower in the rear. The 255 tire and 8" rims will be added for more stability later. Now this killed the offroad use of this vehicle, that's just me. Someone else on this forum or another forum installed 350 chebby's in the Discos, i hope he did a driveline upgrade. It would be better to find a Disco thats has a bad motor or missing motor/trans real cheap and install a full GM system, motor to axles. Put a Rover body on a GM truck chassis? The above statements are not intended offend the offroad people please, Carl...o&o>...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM