Bought an LR3 Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jwc3

Hello, gang. I bought an LR3 today. Just wanted to thank all on this forum for its weath of information you have provided while I've been lurking.

This is my third Land Rover. My first was a black 1996 Series I Disco that lasted for 135k miles. I loved it, although in hidsight it was a bit expensive to maintain. My original plan was to drive it until the LR3 was available, however, it died about three months too early. So, I bought a dark blue 2004 Disco Series II. (I wanted another black one, my favorite car color, but there were none on that lot that day, and I had to buy quickly.) The 2004 was a great vehicle -- I never had any trouble whatsoever. But, my true love was still the LR3...

The LR3 that I purchased today is a 2005 LR3 SE with 13k miles. I bought it from the same dealer as the frist two. The LR3 has the third row seats, the xenon lighting package, and the cold weather package. It's black on black so, of course, the first song I listened to on the way home was "Back in Black" by AC/DC. I love the clean, crisp design of the LR3 -- it's the best-looking SUV on the road today.

I'll keep the group posted from time-to-time on the new LR3. Time to go stare at it agian in the drive way...

D

DiscoNomad

Thats great man...I hope you are interested in off roading it.

J

jwc3

DiscoNomad said:
Thats great man...I hope you are interested in off roading it.

I took my original Disco off-raod quite a bit. But since then I've had two kids, so the Disco II didn't see much mud other than the mud at the boat ramp. The local LR dealership has off-road trips every other month or so. Perhaps my boys are big enough to enjoy it now.

J

jwc3

Within 5 minutes of arriving home from work yesterday in the new LR3, I was giving more demo rides to the neighbors. One guy down the street said he was going to the LR dealership the next day to see what they had in stock. Wonder if I can get a referral fee?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM