brake light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonypppr

Reaction score
range rover 04 vogue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there to one and all, hope the year improves for us all.
Can anyone help me out there?. i have taken my range rover vogue into westover for a minor repair on the electric seat (drivers side) valance and whilst it was there i asked them to look at the computer/cd computer screen as since they had it in 2 weeks prior it had realised this fault, of corse they deny this as their problem, anyway on getting a bill for £200 pound and about to leave i was told by the way your brake lights are on all the time thought we bettter advise you, so on inspection of the car i realised that not only did they expect me to drive the car away with the brake lights permantly on, they also left the ****** disabled the complete steering wheel funcions and illuminations also not working, but the lcd screen situated beneath the speedo was very bright on the lefthand side and the right hand side very dim.
they realised that they had better not allow me to drive the vehicle as i explained that if i was to have an accident i would be holding then responsible, so they loaned me a car.
The following afternoon they rang and said after 5 hours of having my car there that the fuse number 8 was the fuse that was making the brake lights stay on and the steering wheel functions disabled and the faulty sreen, well i am 100% sure that blowing a fuse will definately not do this and i have been informed that they have probably blew something on one of the ecu:s or the components behind the speedo.
The reason i am concerned is that if they have done a repair on one of these components, and it should play me up at some time later then they are going to deny all knowledge of this and im going to get stuck with a bill with many noughts.
So please is there a range rover technician out there who can asist?.
Or have one of you range rover owners ever had this falut?.
So to reiterate.
THE BRAKE LIGHTS ARE ON WHENEVER THE KEY IS ENGAGED.
THE STEERING WHEEL ILLUMINATIONS ARE NON EXISTANT AS ARE ANY OF THE STEERING WHEEL FUNCTIONS.
THE DISPLAY UNDER THE SPEEDOMETER IS BRIGHT GREEN ON THE LEFT AND REALLY DIM ON THE RIGHT.
YOU WONT NEED TO TELL ME AS I ALREADY SUSPECT THAT NUMBER 8 WILL NOT CAUSE THIS.
BUT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT HAS.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THIS MATTER
TONY.
[email protected]

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuse 8 = On-board computer,
Audio system

Fuse 9 =Brake lights,
Light module,
Speed control

I don't think fuse 8 was your issue.

tonypppr

Reaction score
many thanks for your time, are you sure this is for an 04 range rover vogue? tony

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I took this info straight from the 04 RR owners manual

tonypppr

Reaction score
Hi Joey.
Sory to be the pain of your life but would it be poss for you to scan your fuse pages in the manual and send them to me?.
If so here is my email address.
[email protected]
many thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM