Brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevtrendi1

Reaction score
lr3 Brake Help!

Trying to free the front Rotor from the hub! Can't figure this out????:mad::confused:

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a screw in between one of the lug nuts...I can't remember. If not and you are replacing the rotor anyway may need some strategic hammer taps on the edge of the rotor.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is in fact a screw between two lugs. IIRC it's a #60 torx? Mine came right off, but yeah, a few taps around the perimeter of the rotor should get it done.

tkleeberger

Reaction score
Does the term, "PURE JUNK", ring a bell? Rovers brake system need the best pads you can install, not the cheapest, dust squeaky poor stopping pads.
If you want to instal some pads and you don't want the squeaks from metalic pads along with lots of brake dust and poor stopping, the Use a set of Akebono ceramic pads. They are not cheap but they will not turn your wheels black, will pretty much out stop any other pad and last longer.
If you hae any questions, send me your number and I'll call you.

I have a 2011 Range Rover Supercharged and the brake dust is bad. Anyone know of a cermaic pad available for this model Land Rover?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go do a Google search for Akebono and call their customer service number, they can give you a part number. These pads are about as good as it gets for stopping, lack of dust and squeaks and out stop OEM pads.

Earing2008

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just got an 08 SE and I'd like to improve the braking, preferably with pads only. It sounds like one can't go wrong with the EBC's and Akebono's but shouldn't the rotors at least be trued up on a lathe to remove uneven wear and any warping that may exist? My 08 only has 29K on it but the front left isn't wearing evenly and I feel a very slight pulse under heavy braking.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay with the Akebono pads, they are dust free, won't squeak and last much longer then OEM pads.

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run the Akebono pads on another car and the switch from metalic to ceramic was great for having clean wheels but I felt the stopping power wasn't there. I bed the pads in as directed per Akebono, then tried again a few months later a little more aggresively. All I can tell you my wheels are very clean and the car stops, but the inital bite is lost. Cold braking feel is the worst, almost scary. When brakes are hot, perfomance is better. I'm very hesitant to run any ceramic pads on the LR3, it needs all the stopping power it can get. The OEM setup (Ferodo or Textar) stops well, has great inital bite but chews up rotors and are dusty.

Who is running the Akebono pads, on a LR3 and what are your thoughts?

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option are Hawk LTS Brake Pads. They are of higher performance than OEM with very strong initial bite, and seemed to dust a tad less than the OEM Ferodo. I had them on the LR3, but opted for EBC Greens on my wife's FFRR. They just got put on today with the EBC Optimax quiet rotors. My goal was to get as much performance as I could, but still be quiet with less dust. The OE rotors kept getting dust particles between the rotor and pad, causing squeeking, driving my wife nuts, so I'm hoping the rotors will do a better job of cleaning the pads.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh Hawk LTS for LR3? When did they make it available?? (loved that pad, when I had them on my X5..)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM