Braking stops the NOISE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeMazzio

Reaction score
Hello All,

Usually when you have problems and you hit the brakes it makes more noise but seeing as how I drive a LANDROVER its the opposite. Here is the new problem:

Coming for the passenger side rear wheel, there is a loud rattle when I am driving. When I brake the sound stops, when I release the brake the sound returns. The Caliper is tight. It sounds like the noise is coming from behind the rotor. The little "shield" is tight. Everything else seems to be tight. Does anyone have a line what this could be?

Joe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it were me, I would pull the wheel and check the brakes... very simple to change on a rover if need be. Takes maybe 10 minutes per wheel after the wheel is off.

Check to make sure the pads are still good, keep in mind the rear pads wear 2x as fast as the fronts on a Rover.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
There are little clips on the back of the brake pads... if these fall off, and they do. It will rattle. I would pull them and check. If they are good and you are still getting this rattle when appling the brakes, I would say a possible bad wheel bearing.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you know everything is tight. One thing you never do with a Rover is assume.
Pull the wheel off, inspected the pads and caliper and then get back to us.

JoeMazzio

Reaction score
Joey and Mike,

Thank you. I will take the Wheel off asap, go over everything and post what I find.

Joe

skinnydipper

Reaction score
I just changed my leaking caliper today. I have the same noise problem after having new pads and rotors installed. One of the pads had completely seperated from the metal base plate. I am going out to get new pads tomorrow, but I'm sure that's the noise causer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac