Can anyone help? My LR cannot start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zanemum

Reaction score
I have bought a 2001 LR freelander, V6, 2.5L three months ago in Australia. It has been running perfect but for the past 10 days, it is difficult to start the engine in the morning. I have to start it up to 10-15 times and it will finally started. At first, I thought it cannot start in the morning only, but lately, it is difficult to start every time I want to start the car. However, sometimes it is fine and I only have to start it once or twice. It seems that it is all by luck. :rolleyes:

I took it to my mechanic to have a look and he said that the battery was fine and suspected that it might be the key's problem. He opened up the key and found there is a computer chip inside and suspected that might be due to the poor signal from the key to the car. The car still cannot car easily even I use my spare key.

Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Is it really the key problem? Or should I have to order the key from LR only? Or it is the starter problem?

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the ignition relay to me. When they go bad it will cause an issue like you mention.

zanemum

Reaction score
Thanks. I got it fixed. It is the internal fault of the ignition switch and after changing a new one, it is OK now. :wink:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72