Clear Side Markers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveking

Reaction score
.. Recently I just purchased some clear side signal markers with mirrored bulbs.. is this a pretty easy install to replace the oem amber ones?

Thanks,
Dave

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am fairly shure you just pop off the old ones

acsubie

Reaction score
wish i could find smoked side markers that resemble the landrover ones without the hefty price

acsubie

Reaction score
yea i saw those a while back, unfortunately not really digging that look, its more of a black look instead of smoke, the LR one's are dead on

daveking

Reaction score
.. I wanted to have that Mercedez coupe look.. thats why I went clear. If you go clear, you have to get mirrored bulb housings ..otherwise, the bulb still shows through the clear.
Smoked ones are pretty easy to find too, ebay has them usually for around 50 or 60 bucks for lr3s and rrs.:tongue:

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with smoked off of EBAY - very happy with the look

_L3O7149.jpg

_L3O7146.jpg

_L3O7144.jpg

You slide the old lamp unit forward against it's metal spring clip - then lift out the back end first. Lamp fitting is a bayonet into the lamp lens.

Refit is reverse - easy to do, just take care not to over-compress the metal spring clip.

daveking

Reaction score
hey the smoked looks great on your white LR3! Great contrast..
I went with the clear (mirrored bulbs) on mine.. Low and behold I see the new 09's went with the clear markers too!
I wish you would of been around like a month ago.. when I got 'em in from Ebay I was worried about how to take them out, but I read the manual and basically exactly what you said is all that was needed to do it. Thanks!
:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99