Coooling system.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antipf_bfs

Reaction score
After fixing my knocking problem, my cooling system decide to do some crazy things. So Last morning I put some coolant in to a serge tank to the level (where it say level when cold). After driving for 30 min I notice a very strong coolant smell in my car, I stopped and coolant was dripping from that outflow pipe (small black pipe from the top of serge tank). I touched the pipes and system was empty. Pipes was soft, but my engine temp was fine. Any ideas what is going on?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like an air pocket...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't guess on this problem, if you want some help, send me your tele number and I'll walk you thru what to do and check.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to use this thread and try to get some answers about my cooling system problem.

98 Disco.115K
Problem:
Temperature gauge reads hot when I am at idle and the AC going or on long trips when AC is going and driving at a steady idle.

I replace the Coolant Temperature Sensor at about 60K
Replace my thermostat at about 75K
Had to replace my coolant reservoir due to damage at the seam
Today replaced my Temperature gauge sensor

I am running out of options can anyone give me other ideas.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
have the radiator pressure tested.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the radiator shop

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok found what i believe is the problem but would like suggestions

the coolant sensor multi-plug is dry rotted causing problem.

Should i go to a salvage yard and locate the plug and rig it to work or should i just remove the thermostat I live here in Houston, Texas high tend to get in the low hundreds (110F) at its hottest and lows at there coldest get to maybe low 20 (but average about low 30s or upper 20s) please give me any input one might have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink