Coooling system.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Call Will Tillery at www.roverguy.com for the part if you are sure that is the issue, I would not recommend removing the t-stat, but I am sure others will disagree.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the condenser fans on front of the radiator when you have the truck sitting at idle are they supposed to be on when the AC is running or turn on when accelerating?

On mine the temperature gauge reads hot with the AC on when the AC full blast the fans don't work until I accelerate or increase throttle (RPM).

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
They should come on when you turn on the A/C IIRC.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a relay that might be bad and need replaceing or are the relays built into the fan and thats why the are $400?

Also how offten do the coolent temperature sensors go bad i replaced mine at about 65000 miles and now i have 116000 miles could this be the problem?

Antipf_bfs

Reaction score
Cooling Gremlins.

Resurrecting my post from a year ago.
Back there I had an air pocket and Mike help me purge it. I got all the leaks fixed and was happy for 1 year.

This post from Greg409

1-Do you have coolant in the oil? (chocolate milkshake color) - NO = good.

2-Does your top rad hose get Extremely hot and hard? - (leaking combustion into coolant thru' head gasket) - NO=good (should be pretty hot and firm)

3-A decent test is if your coolant filler cap has pressure still 15-30 mins. after shutting off a warmed up engine. (any leaks will cause pressure to drop.)

For first in NO, oil and antifreeze stay clean and nice.
For the second is YES top hose is extremal hot and hard.
For the third one is NO I have pressure in the system next day after shooting down engine.

Plus I found a small leak from the back of the engine.
In the atached file you can see small stream of coolant. It is passenger side.

Attachments

• DSC02316.JPG
    DSC02316.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink