Cost of 50000 mile service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnwrover

Reaction score
I am curious about the cost of the 50000 mile service for my 2011 LR4 HSE. Brand new to LR and wanting info on costs.
Thanks

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scheduled maintenance is due either every 12 months or every 15K miles, whichever occurs first. So, 50K miles is a weird number... But regardless, most scheduled services are glorified oil changes and fluids top-ups, brakes check, etc. Brake fluid should be replaced every 3 years, brake lines every 6. Air filter, transfer case and locking rear diff fluids every 75K miles. Open diffs and ATF every 10 years (!!!) So, with the possible exception of a brake fluid change your 2011 is likely due for an oil/filter change and little else. Are you going to a stealer or an independent garage, and where are you located?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. Service interval here in the Middle East is 6 months / 12k km (~7500 miles).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That probably because, in most of the Middle East, you drive in "arduous conditions" (Land Rover-speak for "freaking hot and dusty, 24/7".)

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I lived in Arizona / Nevada, etc would that change my service interval from LR?

pnwrover

Reaction score
Great info. Where online can I find specific maintenance schedules? I bought an extended warranty and need to stay up to date to keep the warranty in place.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, for warranty purposes you are good by following the recommended schedule of 1 year or 15K miles (although the manual does say that if you frequently drive short distances or in very hot, cold or dusty environments, you should consult your LR service advisor as your intervals may need to be shorter than recommended.)

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my LR at the stealership for the 45K service. They wanted around $750 for basically an oil change, brake fluid flush and replacing the air filter. I opted just for the oil change and brake fluid flush since I already have K&N filters. it's still a $400 bill...and they just called saying my rear brake pads are worn out which will add $350 to the total. There goes $750!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72