cracked sunroof supports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when installing the LED lightbar yesterday I noticed that the plastic supports for the sunroof glass had a few cracks in it, on both sides.
Anyone else notice this, and has anyone had a failure in this area?
here's a few pics of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 44

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is a particularly worthwhile link, having read through 9 pages of posts of other people who have the same issue, with no conclusion other than to replace the sun roof. This project has been on my radar for a while, to manufacture repair parts so you do not have to buy an entire new sun roof..

Anyone that has an old one that cares to donate it would be appreciated. I was thinking of creating metal or better quality plastic replacement rails, about every LR3 LR4 and RRS on the road has the same problem. The typical symptom is the sunroof "rattles" sound, which is worse when the sun roof is open.

As soon as the hitch project is wrapped up, this is the next project.

Trynian

Reaction score
I have a 2006 and mine have looked cracked since the fist year. It has not caused any issue in function ever in the 9 years I have owned it.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I noticed as an issue is that it rattles, particularly when open, more recently sometimes with it closes... This may not bother some people..

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rattling might actually be unrelated to the cracked arms. I think the cracking itself is a cosmetic defect and doesn't degrade the rigidity of the arms.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine are the same way. I brought it up when the truck was still under warranty and the dealership said it would not cause issues and didn't cover the repair. Haven't looked at them since. Sunroof still works fine.

Trynian

Reaction score
What I noticed as an issue is that it rattles, particularly when open, more recently sometimes with it closes... This may not bother some people..

Mine has never rattled, even on rough washboard fire roads. for all i know they have been cracked since it rolled of the factory floor. First time I ever looked at them after about a year they were cracked and I rarely ever opened the sunroof.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo