Crankshaft position sensor code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
I have a 2000 LR disco 2. Recently it started cutting off while driving and coming back on wth the drive, manual, and sport lights flashing and won't shift out of whatever gear its in when it does it until I turn the engine off and restart it. Now the engine will cut off sporadically while driving and will take forever to restart. The check engine light came on and I got the crank shaft sensor code. What should I do. I can't afford to take it to a mechanic right now but really need to be able to drive it. I heard it could just be a loose wire harness. Any sugestions? Please help?

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
Joey, do you have any ideas? Can anyone tell me where I should start looking?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what fault codes did you get, there are 5 for the crank sensor and where there any other codes included?

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
Mike thanks for responding. I only get one code and it is P0335. Sometimes the check engine light even resets itself and then when it trips again its still P0335.

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
Now I am also getting code P1884 Mass air flow circuit low, but this is a first for that one and it doesnt duplicate when reset. The truck will start most of the time but after it runs for about a minute or so it will act as if its going to cut off and then it will come right back on. That is when I know it will die soon. It never does it at highway speeds only while im stopped at intersections or lights etc. Then after numerous attempts at turning it over it will start and repeats the cycle over.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Change the Crank Position Sensor, but also have your battery tested.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember the CPS is a b**ch to get at (at least on a Disco I) and you need the heat shield with it. I found it easiest to come in from the front of the engine - facing toward the bell housing on the driver's side where the CPS is located.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4