Dash fade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is used on the dash and door panels to repair the fading? I have seen this on new ones as well as some of the loaners I have had.

Great forum and thanks in advance

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by fading? Do you mean the bit of white haze that can be seen on some of the black parts? That's just residue that needs to be cleaned off?

Dealers supposedly have an official cleaning solution.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick respose and haze is a better word to describe it. Any recommendations of cleaning solutions I can use to do it myself?

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likewise, I'm not sure what you mean by fading, however you can use a leather /vinyl cleaner and a conditioner such as "Blue magic" or Saddle soap :smile:

I would run away from products like Armour all :ahhhhh: HTH

John

P

PaulLR3

Wash with a very mild soap solution (woolite) and use Aerospace 303 protectant. It's expensive and hard to find but works great. A nearby boat store carries it. Spray on a rag then apply to dashboard. Vinylex is a good second choice. As mentioned, never use Armor-All. It dissolves the dashboard and creates a film on the windows.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
JohnKel said:
Likewise, I'm not sure what you mean by fading, however you can use a leather /vinyl cleaner

John

I used a good leather cleaner (Lexol) and then topped with 303. (Which you can get online very easily.

Never had a problem since. :)

H

Houm_WA

****! I've used Armor-all. ...didn't know it was bad. I guess I should wash and then switch to a different protectant.

...what about the tires? Will Armor-all mess those up too? ...plastic surfaces on the exterior?

T

txlr3

Armor-All=Bad!

Just steer clear of Armor-All entirely. Any car care product that can be had at Wal-Mart should make you wary.

As far as tire care goes, I have used products from Zaino Brothers in the past and would highly recommend them. Their Z-16 Tire Gloss is awesome, lasts a long time and actually conditions the rubber instead of just making it look shiny. www.zainostore.com

My $0.02

I

iwhound

What do you guys use on the plastic trim on the A and B pillars? Just did the spring wash and wax yesterday and everything on the truck looks great except the window trim on those pillars. Would Back to Black be good for those parts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4