Daytime running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an '11 Lux. I read in the owners manual that the daytime running lights can be activated or deactivated at the dealer. I call the dealer and ask if they can activate them for me and he tells me no because it requires a DRL module. It just doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone here in the USA have DRL's active on there LR4? And if you do, is it the headlights or the signature LED's?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 HSE… have halogens, no signature lighting…

The dealership was able to program my headlights to get the DLRs working – it cost $75 dollars.

This is an EU and CAN standard for my year/make/model.

For 2011, I have no idea if something else is needed.

One other thing, the manual is very global (and somewhat messy) so that reference you noted might be for ROW only.

Last edited:

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Laszlo. BTW, beautiful LR4 you have there. Love the Izmir blue, actually my first choice, until they discontinued it. I let my fiance chose the color since I'm going to let her use it. We ended up with Baltic blue over almond/ arabica.

macdaddy548

Reaction score
We're interested in the same issue - it would be great to have the '11 LED's function as DRL's. It would be best if there is a dealer programmed enhancement to make that happen. Failing that, I'm wondering if there is a DIY solution.

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also have the 2010 HSE and the dealer was able to program the daytime running lights. They looked for the LED's, the "cutouts" for which are in the headlight unit, just no LEDs there, and would have turned those on too if they could have. Again, I would advocate for the missus baking a plate of cookies or picking up a case of beer for the service dept, they can do these little mods very quickly and quietly if they choose. Help them choose....

macdaddy548

Reaction score
Thanks LR4ME. Our Metropolis edition has the LED's in place. Sounds like they can turn them on if we can motivate them. Humm, I think I smell the cookies in the oven now.
Thanks for the info.

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if they did not have the ability to activate them in the 2011's too. Mmmmmm, cookies.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks LR4ME. Our Metropolis edition has the LED's in place. Sounds like they can turn them on if we can motivate them. Humm, I think I smell the cookies in the oven now.
Thanks for the info.

Your Metropolis should have the LEDs working. The DRL are likely not on, but if I was able to get it programmed without question, I'm assuming 2011 owners can as well.

Cookies go a long, long way these days. Or some *** brownies.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2010 HSE, and I was told the LED's are not able to be turned on anyway...are people finding this to be correct?
Also, am I correct in understanding that they are at least able to turn daytime running lights on still via the main headlamps?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM