dead cigarette lighter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys so the cig lighter isn't working and if I connect a phone charger it doesn't charge, any idea of how can I fix this??

Thanks!

schwaggy

Reaction score
Hello guys so the cig lighter isn't working and if I connect a phone charger it doesn't charge, any idea of how can I fix this??

Thanks!

Can I assume you've checked the fuse?
Cleaned out the socket?
Pulled it from the dash and verified the connections?

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I swapped the fuse with the one that goes on the boot and the lighter still doesn't work, it is not the fuse because the old fuse is powering the rear and it works alright, is the next step disassembling the dash?

Last edited:

schwaggy

Reaction score
So I swapped the fuse with the one that goes on the boot and the lighter still doesn't work, it is not the fuse because the old fuse is powering the rear and it works alright, is the next step disassembling the dash?

I'm not certain of this as I've never done it in the LR3, but in most of my other cars, you can pull the socket out from the front of the dash to inspect it.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the rear power socket on a different fuse from the front? There should also be a relay in the circuit since the cig lighter is only powered when the ignition is on. May wan to check that as well.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah yah car was on and still no cig. They were 15a blue ones f35 and 47 or something like that...
Also, the front and rear 12v sockets do work so the middle 12v and the cig are the only dead ones

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM