Decision Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you already ordered your 2013 with the HD package I assume you would do the same thing with a 2014... How much more is the package going to cost with the optional 2 speed transfer case.

Stick with your awesome looking V8 powered 2013, you'll be happy with it.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I just can't get over how generic and Ford-like the new RR looks; totally devoid of its former uniqueness. v8 engine is special indeed too

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, that video is great. Land Rover just needs to add some smoke coming off all four tires and a cheering crowd and they've got a nice 15 sec commercial.

Haha thanks! That would be pretty great.

Chilean Rover

Reaction score
I had the same concerns...

I purchased my first two LR's this year, one for my wife and one for me. I could have purchased anything from 2012 or wait for new 2014's. I decide on the 2013 LR4 for myself and the 2012 LR2 for the wife precisely because they each have the last v6 and v8's for their models respectively.. I tried the the turbocharges 2013 LR2 and it could not compare with the power of the previous model, this made me think the same would be true for the LR4.. My other fear is that in a couple years time both models with lose the panorama windows for the evoque-ing thats happening to the other models.. I would bet these two models will be valuable for some LR fans in years to come..

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ordered a 2013 just to be sure we got the V8 before it is extinct in the LR4. The way I see it, we have something unique - V8 LR4 with a heavy duty package. Something no longer available.

I love this V8 engine, and I doubt the mileage difference in real driving will be that different from a V6 driver that pushes the V6 to work harder.

Same thing happened with my previous Audis. My V8 allroad averaged only 2 mpg less than my V6 turbo allroad. Same with my V6 A4...about 2 mpg less than my 4 cylinder turbo A4 at best.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ordered a 2013 just to be sure we got the V8 before it is extinct in the LR4. The way I see it, we have something unique - V8 LR4 with a heavy duty package. Something no longer available.

I love this V8 engine, and I doubt the mileage difference in real driving will be that different from a V6 driver that pushes the V6 to work harder.

Same thing happened with my previous Audis. My V8 allroad averaged only 2 mpg less than my V6 turbo allroad. Same with my V6 A4...about 2 mpg less than my 4 cylinder turbo A4 at best.
Yep, that's exactly why I went with the 2013 and did not wait until 2014. I specifically wanted a V8 with heavy duty package.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many thanks to all of you for your input. I pulled the trigger on the 2013 today. Today has gone exceptionally well. First off, the dealership gave me 4700 off of MSRP. So my $64,220 truck ended up being $59,481. On top of that their finance guy gave me 1.69% on a 60 month term for the difference between the sales price and my 2010 LR4. I probably left some on the table for my 2010 trade-in, but I'm not going to sweat it. They didn't even charge me to remove the mud-flaps off my 2010 and put them on the new 2013. This was one of the better car buying experiences I've had.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM