Denso Iridium spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

er1c

Reaction score
I just purchased (8) Denso Iridium IK16 spark plugs. It says their gap is 0.4mm. However in my LR3 user manual, it says the spark plug gap should be 1.5mm.

Do I need to widen the gap on these? Or will they run fine. I remember reading somewhere, someone said with a different gap it'll put a larger strain on the system. Is this true?

Please advise as I'm looking to put these in ASAP!

Thanks.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock NGK are already pre set. Let us know how it runs with the denso.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd call the manufacturer. That's quite a spread!

J.D.

er1c

Reaction score
That's what I'm afraid of. I instantly thought that's too large of a gap.

I haven't installed them yet however... as I was hoping someone could chime in first.

I'll give Denso a call and I'll let you guys know what their recommendation is. (Hopefully I won't get the good ol' runaround and they'll actually provide me with a definitive answer.)

er1c

Reaction score
I called Denso twice and spoke to (2) different people. Both of whom were obviously reading from a computer and had no technical/mechanical knowledge whatsoever.

However they're telling me the computer said to go with a 1.1mm gap for the IK16 (LR3 plugs.)

What's the worst that can happen?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't changed my plugs, but it might be worth it to gap them that way and see how it runs. Keep track of your fuel mileage so that you can monitor no so obvious issues.

I don't know what's the worst that can happen, but having the spark jump that far could be ******* all the ignition system upstream of the plugs. I wish I were of more help, but this is something that doesn't come up much around here!

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90