Did I get a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Euphoricsoul

Reaction score
I just bought my first Land Rover yesterday, a beautiful 2007 LR3 Demo vehicle.

It doesn't have any extras (Nav, Tech Upgrade), but has the premium Harmon Kardon 6-disc system, which sounds fantastic, I might add.

It has about 3200 miles on it, and was put into service last September.

They were going to add this one and another 07 to their fleet, but after passing on an 08 LR2, he offered me this one for 40k.

I talked him down to 37,500 and really feel like I got a good deal. It's in great shape, with only marginal wear on the tires evident.

As I said, this is my first Land Rover, and definitely the most I've spent on a vehicle yet, so I wanted to know from those of you in the know whether I got a decent deal or not.

Mahalo

-Patrick in Hawaii

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought it, then just you be happy and not worry! It's a fine retail deal. Sometimes folks used to negotiate the warranty start date on such cars, depending upon whether it was actually titled back in Sept. A stock 2007 with 12000 miles sold at one of the Manheim auctions for about 12% less than your price here in Detroit last week, if that helps. Most retailers ask $40 for left over new or newish '07s here, too.

Euphoricsoul

Reaction score
Well, the warranty was activated back in September, so I didn't lose too much there.
Plus, since it's certified pre-owned, I get the additional 3 years for major parts replacement. Sounds like I got just about what I could expect for the price.

Thanks for your input!

Mahalo
Patrick in Hawaii

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got the 4/50 plus 3 more years, if that's what you describe, then you did well. That extra 3 years after the 4/50 expires is relatively costly coverage to purchase on the aftermarket for a Rover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge