Disco camping/sleeping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Ayidth

I have a full length roof rack on my Disco I. I often sleep there when on desert treks (I'm in Saudi Arabia). Good to be out of the way of snakes and similar creepies.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure it is, i am not a big fan of sleeping with things that bite.
I used to live in Tucson, Arizona (desert) and had a roofrack on my lifted Tahoe down there... however in the summer I would have to wait for the sun to go down just touch the roof rack. :)

T

tkcomp

Cole,

Good point. I was thinking about adding a roof rack. I live in Phoenix and I didn't even think of how hot that baby would be. It would be like lying on an oven rack :<)

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, come on....just add some salted butter and garlic and baste away.... :biggrin:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Tanning is really healthy too. UVB Rays Rule!! I have slept in the back before but it gets hot, even with the windows cracked a bit...Never again. ;)

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tkcomp said:
Cole,

Good point. I was thinking about adding a roof rack. I live in Phoenix and I didn't even think of how hot that baby would be. It would be like lying on an oven rack :<)

If you have a tent, or any other kind of material, on top of the rack, the bars won't get hot. Just the material will be the warm part - maybe it would be like a toaster oven than (not as hot).... :cool:

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah...I may not have a place to sleep, but will be camping in luxury with a roof mounted dry sauna.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99