Disco I 94: Window motor or Regulator Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

markwbball

I brought my disco 94 into my mechanic(non land rover) to try to fix my front passenger and driverside window.. he ran an electric test he told me that he believes the motor is dead and told me to find one at a salvage and he would put them in... However I have heard this problem could be a regulator problem as well.

Is it possible to find out if the window problem is a regualtor or a motor.. I would hate to buy one and it be the problem with the other..

Also does anyone have pages scanned from the land rover fix it manual dealing with the window?

can someone also list some good land rover salvage companies that I could call to find these parts..

Cheers,

zb

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Symptoms? Need more info.

To find out if it is the regulator, pull the door panel off and look at the regulator. You should be able to tell if it's missing any teeth, anything is broken, etc.

If it just stopped working one day, and you can not hear the motor strain when you push the button (or the lights slightly dim due to the motor straining to run), it could be the motor. Regulator is easy to check.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112