Does this look right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, took things apart, here is a pic of the finished fix, including props to LRW
20sf2pw.jpg

Bird's eye view of the tray. I was surprised to see how little of the tray sticks out past the windshield to do the drip catching. I thought the tray would be much less recessed under the windshield. In fact find it hard to believe that it could catch enough water to cause the wet carpeting. The tray is the little bitty triangle just right of center in the picture.
66ys5e.jpg

All in all it was a quick and cheap fix. $.59 for angled flashing from Home Depot. The gear puller is a necessity for the wipers, mine was a little too big, scratched up the cowling a bit, everything else was pretty textbook. I only covered the portion of the tray that looked like it could catch any wayward drips - extending from the left of the tray to just under the hole for the cowling clip.

jeremyderek

Reaction score
I was already planning to do this, after seeing this thread. I had never noticed a problem with water coming in, but from this past Friday up until Sunday morning we had a pretty solid rain, and when we were headed down the road my daughter said that water had just dumped onto her foot from under the dash. I checked when we stopped, and sure enough all the sound insulation was soaked and the filter was also. I headed to the hardware shop, grabbed some angled flashing, and stopped by the auto parts store to take advantage of their loaner tool service for a gear puller. I got home and 30 minutes later the problem is permanently fixed. It rained all day again today, and all is dry. How can LR not acknowledge this problem. My local dealership said they've never even heard of the problem.

BlackRover

Reaction score
Can we see larger images? I need this fix as well. What is the parts and tools list for this job?

I also have the plugged sunroof drain...

Landygirl

Reaction score
Great thread, thank you all for the comment and pics. I have had my LR3 for 3 weeks love it despite a couple of problems already. Just yesterday found the passenger side carpet wet by both doors. If I push down underneath the carpet I can feel/hear water in the channel. Will check out the filter and fusebox to see if water through the cowel is the problem.
Thanks again.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
Is this the same problem?

Both sides of the front floor mats were wet, the passenger much much more than the driver. I dried it out, left the rubber mats out. Next day I'm driving and I notice water coming from the center console under the dash, but I'm not exactly sure from where. See Pic. The carpet around the black rubber hose was wet, but none of the components above the carpet was wet/moist. If I pull gently on the black hose, water will start coming out at the connection. What is this hose for? Is the hose unrelated to my problem? It is July in So. Cal., i.e. no rain, but I did take it to a car wash about 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 559.JPG
    559.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 21

jeremyderek

Reaction score
Just dealt with the exact same issue. It's the air conditioner condenser drain hose. It's clogged. Pull it loose from above, and use and air compressor to clear out the drain. While ruling the a/c on a hot day, water should drip pretty steadily from around the front of the transmission if it's draining properly.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. My problem was the AC drain, but the dealer service fixed it for me. They cautioned me on doing it myself. See post (date 7/10/13) under thread "floorboards soaked, and I mean SOAKED"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9