Does this look right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdvRide

Reaction score
Since there are two holes in the leading edge of the intake cup it appears that something was intended to attach to this. Perhaps a louvered cap ?

I can see how a LR3 in a less hot sun baked climate could be fine. As long as that rubber strip in the windshield base plastic piece does not pull away from the windshield your good.

As for the location of the cabin HVAC filter. Open the bottom glove box, there are two catch tabs on both sides to stop the door from falling open, push those in to release the door which will swing down out of the way. Look up under the dash to see the black plastic housing, there is a slender door on that housing, right side has a tab to push to the left which should release the door. Left side has a small tab. Remove door and there is your filter.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I would have started with the glove box doors, but it's always nice having an idea before you dive in!

J.D.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect . . . so is this filter cleanable or does it need to be replaced?
Anyone know?

AdvRide

Reaction score
The filter is listed on the routine mait. in the manual and it appears to be an activated carbon type which would mean a ******.:biggrin:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend this preventative repair to everyone. I live in the PNWET and finally got around to checking mine today after washing and sure enough it was wet. I went ahead and took it all apart. I had some thin aluminum so I did the exact same thing posted earlier in this same thread. It doesn't take much time and it will save you in the future not having to replace blower motors.

Trynian

Reaction score
I keep checking mine after the heavy rains we have been getting this week in Cal and the filter is bone dry.

I will get around to taking the cover off one of these days to see if there is any difference from the photos.

My cover is warped a little and not tight up against the windsheild very near to where the intake looks to be also.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if they resolved this matter with the LR4? One of these days I will try to take mine apart to see if Land Rover actually found the issue worthy of looking at.

Rob

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just from a glance, this is absolutely my problem. the window stripping isn't even touching the windshield where the problem is...wonder if that's an extended warranty worthy fix?
Guess I'll do the repair this weekend.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New cowl piece

Mine wasnt getting wet but the cowl cover was 5 yrs old and pulling up / warped along the windshileld a little bit. Bought a new one (55 bux from parts dot com LR site) -- installed it. Now in addition to not being faded, its tight to the windshield. Heads up that undoing the wiper arms is a b-tch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635