Does this look right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone has taken apart the cover to the windshield wiper motors, but I believe I have discovered the cause for many peoples water leaks and blower motor problems. If you look at the picture notice the light comming through directly under the windscreen. Thats where the in cabin air filter is located. Water can pass directly through down to the air filter and into the blower motor and will eventually end up on your floorboards.

Attachments

• water leak rover (Medium).jpg
    water leak rover (Medium).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 813

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt think it looked right, but it is exactly where my water is coming in from. The water wil run down near the fuse panel and into the blower motor. If you have any suggestions I am all ears.

land crzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wider shot

Can you attach a wider shot angle, and lower the camera to angle shot upward.jb

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing. Yes, please give us a wider angle so we can tell where this is. Thanks!

J.D.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you can see from the pictures, the only things preventing water from entering is the weather stripping on the plastic shield at the base of the windscreen. The last picture is from the inside out(Where the in cabin filter is located). I took a water bottle and poured water on the windscreen to see how the water flows and it flows right into the left corner of the inlet. (Notice the dirt and grim). I feel this to be a terrible design flaw and could be the culprit to many problems regarding electronics and blower motors.

Attachments

• DSC01526 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01526 (Medium).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 770
  • DSC01527 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01527 (Medium).JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 755
  • DSC01528 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01528 (Medium).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 749

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I could use clear silicone to glue the plastic to the windshield to prevent water flow to this area. What do you think?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the plastic shield cover the inlet at all. It appears from the pictures that the scoop for the cabin filter seems to protrude beyond the plastic shield quite a ways. Can you place something over that scoop that would force the water to drain off and into the cowl and not interfere with the filter?

I hate to ask for more pictures, but if it's not an incovenience, what about a profile pic and one with the filter installed. Maybe us desk jokeys can help with a solution if we know what interferences could be there. Thanks!

J.D.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cowling protrudes about a 1/2" on the left side due to the concaved nature of the windscreen. I am going to cut a small piece of sheet metel and rivet it about a 1/2 " all the way across. I am looking into other possibilities as well. I would like to be able to fabricate something that would relocate the inlet to a higher location. I am certain that if any of you have had your vehicle in serious rain lately that you could feel the noise dampening padding underneath your fuse box and it will be wet.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess, luckily, we do not have enough rain to test this out, but I agree with you that it is a serious enough issue. Not sure if owners form the UK, who have a lot more rain than most in the US, have dealt with this issue, you would think it would cause an uproar. Can you seal the opening with duct tape to prevent any moisture from entering the interior? Is the opening necessary for airflow or something else?

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo