Door Sill Replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jaybird

Hi Folks,

I just got a new 2004 Disco and I'm looking to replace the door sills. My wife is short and she is using them to get in/out of the Disco. I don't care for running boards and I think I would be better off with some real rock rails for when I start off-roading with it. I''m new to the Land Rover scene and found the following rails:

SlickRock ($580.00) - https://www.expeditionexchange.com/slickrockfab/
Rock Sliders ($550.00) - http://www.rovertym.com/

I'm looking to hear some comments about the rails above and any other rails I should consider.

Thanks,
Jay

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed the Rovertym sliders *with Nerf bars* on my Disco last week (thrusday - friday) and I can honestly say that these are very solid... haven't gone off road with them yet, but if using them as steps then let me say my brother-in-law helped with the install he is around 250lbs or so... after we spent most of the afternoon installing them (first one took us awhile, second went on in no time) he jumped up and down on the drivers side slider and the whole Disco moved, but the slider just sat there.

If you were to rate them off of just the amount of nuts and bolts, there are 10 bolts per side, and 6 six inch long bolts with nuts each side... I don't think they are going anywhere.

*edit*

Last edited:
J

jaybird

joey said:
I just installed the Rovertym sliders *with Nerf bars* on my Disco last week (thrusday - friday) and I can honestly say that these are very solid... haven't gone off road with them yet, but if using them as steps then let me say my brother-in-law helped with the install he is around 250lbs or so... after we spent most of the afternoon installing them (first one took us awhile, second went on in no time) he jumped up and down on the drivers side slider and the whole Disco moved, but the slider just sat there.

If you were to rate them off of just the amount of nuts and bolts, there are 10 bolts per side, and 6 six inch long bolts with nuts each side... I don't think they are going anywhere.

*edit*

Thanks Joey. I think this will be my first mod:)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I just posted pics in my gallery with just to top mounting points near the drivers door, this doesn't include the ones under the rear door or the ones on the bottom....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Monty

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey
In addition to rock protection, I don't see you having a future need for side impact airbags :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM