DuraTracs - Handling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compomotive wheels have a different offset ( ET44) comparing to OE wheels and will give you a wider stance too.

I am aware of the difference of offset (44 vs 53). Even though it does give you a slightly wider stance, it is not comparable to the 1.25" (or bigger) spacer.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some of you guys are currently or have in the past run Compos and some spacers it sounds like, anyone shed some light on how much bigger than 265/65/18 you can go with that set up... with out a lift?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some of you guys are currently or have in the past run Compos and some spacers it sounds like, anyone shed some light on how much bigger than 265/65/18 you can go with that set up... with out a lift?

That's pretty much as big as it gets in my opinion.
Lift or no lift you always end up being limited by the frame horns and the wheel inner wells.
There's a British company which sells a full lock limiter/reducer. In other words prevents the tires from rubbing the frame horns.
Compos and spacers at once will set your wheels and tires pretty far out and that will increase the issues.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much as big as it gets in my opinion.
Lift or no lift you always end up being limited by the frame horns and the wheel inner wells.
There's a British company which sells a full lock limiter/reducer. In other words prevents the tires from rubbing the frame horns.
Compos and spacers at once will set your wheels and tires pretty far out and that will increase the issues.

Ah, so you don't recommend doing them both? You mentioned using the spacers in the past, wasn't with the Compos?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, so you don't recommend doing them both? You mentioned using the spacers in the past, wasn't with the Compos?

No. I used them in combination with LR3 10 spokes 18s. I think Ivan is currently using the same setup I used to have.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I used them in combination with LR3 10 spokes 18s. I think Ivan is currently using the same setup I used to have.

Still have the spacers laying around? I'm looking to buy a set for my LR4. Also a set of Compomotives and some rock sliders if anyone happens to be willing to part with some.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent 2 months looking for used compos but no luck. I do run rods + 1.35 spacers on 10 spoke LR3 rims with a full alignment on it. Just installed TR sliders. Most likely I will have the spacers machine down to 1.25 and grind the calipers down a bit more. I do love the ride feels better then the 19's stock and keep in mind I drive in Tijuana, Mexico roads here are ... Well sometimes your whole care can fall into a pothole.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have the spacers laying around? I'm looking to buy a set for my LR4. Also a set of Compomotives and some rock sliders if anyone happens to be willing to part with some.

I still have them. Pm me if you'd like.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just to make sure we are clear here, you only need the spacers when you run LR3 18" wheels. The Compomotives take into account the LR4 brake size and already have the correct offset built into them. There is no reason to use spacers with Compomotive wheels.

I also run the compos and 285/60 tires. (I need more footprint on sand)

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my 255 55 R19 DuraTracs: I've been rolling on the recommended 38/42 PSI since I had them installed, and they've felt super soft and marshmellowy the whole time. Just cranked 'em up to 45/45 and the difference is remarkable. Quite a bit stiffer in the ride. A marked improvement, although not quite up to the Conti's (understandable). I'll roll at 45/45 for awhile and see how she goes.

Still waiting for some snow in Colorado so I can see what they can really do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM