dvd installed in LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No disadvantage other than clutter. I've seen a few similar installs... and the screens can be a lot bigger than the tiny headrests can hold.

The headrests are probably the least popular in the LR3, due to their size and angle.

R

roverall

Carnut said:
I had these put in my 06 for my twin boys. The switches on the console control the screens and the speakers. Sound only come though 2nd row speakers.

How do the switches work for the sound? When not in use do you get sound from the radio through the rear speakers?

N

neytas2000

Echoes said:
Great pics.

I noticed in one that you had a garage door opener.

Wasn't sure if you knew this, you can program your rearview mirror to open it for you.
I too have a Garage Door opener - can't program them without someone's help since my Garage doors have what is called 'rolling codes'. I am moving in 1.5 months and will do it for the new place instead

M

man007b

neytas2000 said:
I too have a Garage Door opener - can't program them without someone's help since my Garage doors have what is called 'rolling codes'. I am moving in 1.5 months and will do it for the new place instead
I am getting this installed tommorrow so I'll let you know the details then.

C

Carnut

I can still use the rear speakers. My boys are young and can not wear headphones yet so I needed it done this way. My dealer could not do this, so I them take it to shop that has done work on many of my cars.

C

Carnut

Thanks, Goodman radio in Bryn Mawr PA did the work. They have done about 10 cars for me over the last 6 years and they always do a great job. I wanted something that looked clean, and would be easy for infants to see. I never liked the hanging from the top stuff.

man007b said:
Looks really good! I was planning on installing my dvd and screens this weekend! Who did your install?

M

man007b

My son was born in November and I can't wait for him to enjoy the entertainment system. Where did you mount the dvd player?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635