Electric

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elias

Reaction score
Hi have a problem on starting only(disco 2 . 2003) once starting the car(on cranking) the parking brake's cable gets verry hot and melt the small rubber bushing on the bottom edge even the brake handle gets warm ,once the car starts everything gets back to normal any help thank you

Caber

Reaction score
You have a problem with the earth strap between the engine block and chassis! Your handbrake cable is taking the full starter current and is fried as a result. Should be an easy fix to replace the earth strap but I would be changing handbrake cable as it is cooked. I wouldn't be using the starter until fixed as you will be risking a fire and trashing other connections!

Caber :)

Elias

Reaction score
Thank you verry much i'll work on it & give you feed back

Elias

Reaction score
God,it's like if you're in my place .that's exactly what's happening.

Elias

Reaction score
Problem fixed

Hi Caber thank you for your diagnostic i fixed the problem it was the flat earth cable ,so far my disco is dancing again and my wife's happy(it's hers).

Elias

Reaction score
Hi guys it's me Elias,yes again any link to show me how to change the parking brake cable ,it goes from the handle to the drum right under the handle.Thank you.thank you again CABER.

Caber

Reaction score
Elias glad I could help, sorry I don't know much about the handbrake cable routing in your motor. Sadly modern vehicles are rarely maintenance friendly so you may need to shift a lot of trim to get access to it.
Good luck!

Caber :)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The RAVE manual found in the link in my signature should be able to help with routing of the cable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99