Electrical Fault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

brianwilliams

Hi Guys
Newbie here...so be gentle. After some years of faithful service my 90 (TD5/2000) has developed a worrying habit...upon switching on (both cold and after running) the temp guage flys over to red and the engine turns over but doesn't start. My local engineer, a reliable and trustworthy chap, consulted a man at the local 'Local Land Rover Dealer' to be told 'Oh, it's common for 'that' to happen...they're very susceptible to 'that''...without explaining what 'that' was other than to point my guy in the direction of the underseat electrics, which were, apparently, a bit mucky. After cleaning the problem did go away...for a while. Now it's back. Trusting my 'Local Land Rover Dealer' as far as I can throw him (and I'm a big lad) I thought I'd ask you bunch of fine gents if you had a clue as to what 'that' might be...and how to get it fixed. Any thoughts for the technical amateur I am?
Appreciation, in advance, for any help.
Cheers
Brian

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
On this board, first of all you don't have to worry about anyone being Gentle.... We are all good people.

Issues sounds like a ground problem and yes this (THAT) is very common on all LR products. I would start by cleaning all grounds and there are a lot of them, and any connectors that may have been covered in mud or water over the years..... also the fuse panels are known to rust (have corrosion) as well.

Hope this helps..... In the USA I don't get to see many TD5's or diesels at all in LR's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM