Electronic Tow Flasher Unit Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Ben

Reaction score
Have just put a tow bar on my 2003 Freelander and upgraded the flasher unit with a LUCAS YWT10002L (flasher marked with SFB191) for towing. The flash unit operates OK when using the indicators but clicks when operating anything electrical i.e. light switch, brakes (must be the brake lights).... checked the original flasher and works OK so cannot see it has anything to do with the vehicle.
Took the flasher unit out and put it on a bench supplied with a 12volt battery, it ticks constantly especially when held.
Replaced the flasher as thought it was faulty but the replacement does exactly the same.
Looks to me as if this is a design fault with the replacement YWT10002L flasher.
Anyone had similar experience and any clues as to stopping the annoying clicking when not indicating.

towlander

Reaction score
I have the same problem...

only thing is we have had the go back the the old 3 pin flasher in the mean time as the same FSB191 relay has blown... :mad:

Did you say that you have replaced with the LR part...? I looked into the LR part and its a different size and seems power too...

Would be interested in any further help anyone else has to offer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4