Ever seen a PS line let go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I've yet to lose a PS hose on my Rover. (Knockin' on "Genuine Land Rover" wood here) but I did pop a hose out of the pump on my former 1 ton ford by bumping into a small, frozen snow **** w/my wheels turned to left lock! A cold 10-15 degrees w/northeast wind a 20-25 mph. No smoke, but it did bleed all over the parking lot. 90 miles away from home I used my infinite wisdom & pocket knife to cut the belt hoping to drive home. This was back in the v belt days, and what the heck, my alt. had a separate belt & the water pump was double pulley. I made it about 12 mi. into the middle of nowhere w/water pump pulley squawling @ hiway speeds before I pulled over. Not enough belt on pump pulley I guessed. Abandoned ford, dead on road, and headed home. End of story. I HATE FORD. No, not because of 1 hose, but because of every thing else! Our fleet @ work suffer these ailments & many more! I know "all cars break down", but they don't have to break down every day, do they? Thank You, LRW.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carl - thanks for info on bleeding ******!

Joseph - no prob :) still - at 11K its way past being steep for trashed truck , imho.. I'd get it for few grands though to have something to restore after me Disco will get all stuff done :)

M

montanablur

How hot do you need to get PS fluid to burn? I have a PS leak, but I kave been told over and over again that it is nothing to worry about... Engine fire seems like something to worry about...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sinuhe - if it squirts on exhaust - you will get one. However synthetic liquid got higher burning point. Same goes for engine oil btw. If it squirts from any of lines on exhaust you risking engine fire.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
$60 and I got super high pressure super high heat resistant blue PS hoses being made in 1 hours time. Woo Hoo!! He'll do the rest of my lines for about the same cost as well (Oil Cooler and Coolant lines).

I'll post pis when I get them back today!!

I forgot to write down which hose goes to which hole :p Can anyone help?

Also, I need a diagram of the serp belt routing....thanks :D

PS You can get the hose off the pump easily with just the belt removed as well as the resivoir for the PS fluid.

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin tell dude that there may be more orders on same job :) If he dont mind. Who making them for you? BTL ?

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sergei,

A local shop here in Portland, OR. All they do is make custom hoses for high pressure applications. The place is 'Oil filter Service Co' and are listed in the phonebook (online).

Problem is they need your lines to re use the hard line section.

Justin

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rover found on road dead three times

LRWwheelman, after rolling 937,000 miles without any outside help vs a Rover thats stranded my family three times in two years and only 26,000 miles, i'll match the 68 F 250 with anything from England. Put me in the desert with the Ford as i want to get out alive. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! The wife is afraid to start the Rover for fear of what else will fail next. This will get ya started. Carl....................................o&o>......................................

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Carl, Glad to make your acquaintence! I must say, rolling 937,000 mi. without any help is quite impressive. Was that all downhill, without the engine running? I mean, I myself have driven many hundreds of thousands of miles but have actually only rolled a few hundred miles @ best, most of it on bicycles. Now if you bought the wrong Rover, don't take it out on me! A 68 f 250 was built in a time when Ford still built trucks.(I think they quit building trucks in 79, correct) I may be off a couple years on that one, though. If you can find this f 250, and the cab mounts aren't too rusted out, just drive it right over here to Missouri & join me in your choice of creeks that we have to offer. We can all enjoy watching it sink in the gravel as has every other full-size/heavy vehicle that was there before you! One of my last vehicles was a Ford f 350 4x4, swore by it for years, then swore @ it a couple more. Then I woke up, regained my sanity, what ever you want to call it, and sold that damn Ford! Then I went to work for a company that had a whole damn fleet of econolines! Guess what? Same ol' story, waitin' on a tow! Do yourself, & your family a favor. Buy the right Rover next time, carry spares, and try, please, for your own good to................GET OVER THIS FORD THING.....Thank You, LRW.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM