Ever seen a PS line let go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
I did, saturday night in the middle of the city while parking :argh:

Lots of smoke and a steady stream of PS fluid leaking out like a hose was turned on.

Looks like those custom made hoses are going to be made after all.

Anything I should take caution with while taking off all the PS lines? How do I bleed the system after I re install it all?

Thanks

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately there is no way to really bleed PS liquid. Only you can do is to suck it out from that small PS container under hood, but it wont be all :(

let us all know how is custom making will go :) I am still pondering idea of getting mine done :)

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Sergei, I'm looking to bleed the system of air after its all fixed. Its that top nut on the box correct?

I'm having a local shop do all 3 for under $100. Nice deal, we'll see how they turn out.

I ran into a problem though. The hose that goes from the box to the pump (high pressure I believe) will not come out. I have the nut un done but I can not pull the line out?!? the other two popped out no problem

thanks

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, top nut on box (you talking that blob with allen wrench hole in it?) is to adjust steering.

Only way to get bloody thing drained is to pump liquid out from black small container. To my recollection there is no other way.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok, thanks sergei.

How about the removal of that hose??? Its still stuck in there!! :argh:

Thanks

Justin

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a 94 Defender on ebay....engine fire from P.S. hose break...his loss, someone's gain?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin - hmm.. i havent undone mine, but from look of things both hooses on top shall go out after you unbolt those nuts.

Joseph - and url is? :)

Last edited:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HP PS hose

JJMeyerz, the easy way to remove the HP (pump to box) hose is to remove the belt and pump pulley. Also next to the steering box allen screw with nut (adjustment) is a bleed ****** to remove air in the box. I replaced all hoses and did not open the bleed ****** and the steering systems fine. With the box still full of fluid there is little air in the system and it will purge. Carl....o&o>...

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sergei;.....I will find url....I am not a computer wizzard yet, but if you go to ebay motors, and search for "land-rover defender", it will be on the 5th page....the bid is up to around $11K. but title will be "salvage", and seller has a $15K reserve. I offered him $11k., but he is sure he will get much more......I will learn how to transfer the url's for this stuff...it will help my LR bros.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM