every disco owner needs one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[oldschooler]
You should really recover a Hummer before displaying that.
[/oldschooler]

But it is nice! :biggrin:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Looking Disco.... but I would have the tire cover till it was true.... not yet for me.

62Sunbeam

So wait second. Your making fun of a SUV with legendarily poor build quality and fuel economy that is over priced and frequently purchased as a status symbol. By that discription alone it sounds like the entire LR line of products. You do realize that the SER I Hummer exceeds your towing capacity by 2000lbs and the serII buy almost as much?

I get the joke but I'd be careful as you might need a hummer to tow you home after any one of the many fault prone black boxes in your disco goes south.

My $.02

Eric
'95 discorama

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with something a bit more subdued...haha

rovertirecover.jpg

B

bendrover

A friend of mine and his dad own a 73 series III, and they were over at Paragon Adventure Park a year or two ago. Turned out on their little adventure a guy in an older hummer had neglected his tires and got stuck in the mud pretty good. They towed him out. I wish I good get the photos. The two parties involved had a great day together four wheeling after that. Isn't it really all in jest for two vehicles unparrall to most? Let's get dirty.
Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first of all, it is a joke so calm down

secondly, the older hummer, the real hummers (or humvee) are pretty much bada$$. I have seen them in action and give them much respect, but the new H2 is a joke, probably the most over rated overpriced vehicle available. It shares basically nothing with its predecessor except its name. It is the ultimate soccer mom vehicle and practically everyone that owns an H2 has absolutely no intention of off-roading it. I have seen them in action, they are a joke.

Lastly if you hate rovers so much and have such a problem with them why the hell do you own one?

my $.03

62Sunbeam

I have one because it has lots of space and it's nice to have 4wheel drive when I go up to the mountains. (I took my wife and kids up to the mountains east of LA last week so they could see snow for the first time and it performed great) And for $5000 it seemed a nicely equiped and solid source of transport.

I'm SELLING it because it's the least reliable and expensive to repair car I've ever owned and once I fix something and I think I'm in the clear and just starting to relax and enjoy it something else goes on the fritz. Needless to say (look at all my posts) MY experience with MY landrover has been less than rewarding other than the knowledge I've gained trying to keep it running.

My point however about the wheel cover is that while it's fun to joke around about everyone elses car (I drive a '62 Sunbeam Alpine I restored myself and taunt MG and Triumph drivers relentlessly. Especially those who don't take them out and drive them the way they were meant to be drive ie. hard) The photo I want to see is the gut in the Disco with aforementioned cover being pulled out of a ditch by a Samurai.

My $.04

Eric

B

bendrover

sam, you own a 92 pathfinder? I own a 93. You take it off road much?
Andrew

N

nick325ic

some people here sure can't take jokes, I think the cover kicks asssss, I want one how much and where do you get it??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM