every disco owner needs one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bendrover

Cole I'd be happy to pay you $120/hr to counsel me and my dog!

(here here well said - cheers mates~!)

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks...I could use the extra money to buy more accessories for my Hummer recovery vehicle.

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually Moose,
You said "I'm oldschool, but not without a sense of humor (something you seem to be lacking)", I do stand up at the funny bone in the Lou (St.Louis). I'm hilarious. I'm just not gonna act like a "******" when someone puts a tire cover on the back of their truck whether I like it or not!

RHCP:"Bust my britches bless my soul, I'm a freakanature walking totem pole....

D

discoII

i think the tire cover is pretty funny..does the h2 use the chevy tahoe frame?

P

parthog

The H2, aka "Housewife Hummer", is a Tahoe XL (Suburban) with a square body, nothing special. If you want a real Hummer, now that's a truck with planetary hubs, independent susp., Zexen-Torsion (or optional Detroit Locker in rear) differentials all-around, turbo-diesel (although not a great one), ...

The H2 is for posers.

- Jeff Miller

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was offered an H2, I certainly wouldn't "kick it out of bed" so to speak. I guess it is one of those things where being a real vehicle addict as I am, I have things I really like about most vehicles, the H2 does have a rear locker that we don't have, (unless aftermarket) I have driven one a few times and it drove similarly but much higher than my Yukon XL. Lastly, what other vehicle in the world can you buy for $50K that comes stock with 35s, rear locker, and is under full warranty. I do agree that it is a civilianized version of the "real thing" but if I only wanted an off road only vehicle, I would just go with a tube framed, coilover Jeep. While there are a few of us who bought our LRs purely for off roading, I doubt there are very many, so I guess I am not sure what is so bad about an H2.

C

capthook

discofever said:
first of all, it is a joke so calm down

secondly, the older hummer, the real hummers (or humvee) are pretty much bada$$. I have seen them in action and give them much respect, but the new H2 is a joke, probably the most over rated overpriced vehicle available. It shares basically nothing with its predecessor except its name. It is the ultimate soccer mom vehicle and practically everyone that owns an H2 has absolutely no intention of off-roading it. I have seen them in action, they are a joke.

Lastly if you hate rovers so much and have such a problem with them why the hell do you own one?

my $.03

Agreed. Humvee h2 = laughable as a real 4x4

B

bendrover

I agree, but I too wouldn't turn one away. Reminds me of a minivan crossed with an armored car.
Andrew

D

discoII

parthog said:
The H2, aka "Housewife Hummer", is a Tahoe XL (Suburban) with a square body, nothing special. If you want a real Hummer, now that's a truck with planetary hubs, independent susp., Zexen-Torsion (or optional Detroit Locker in rear) differentials all-around, turbo-diesel (although not a great one), ...

The H2 is for posers.

- Jeff Miller

i would just rather have a fully loaded tahoe or suburban than an h2. but thats just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.