every disco owner needs one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW all that over a tire cover. "You should really recover a Hummer before displaying that", and "Nice Looking Disco.... but I would have the tire cover till it was true.... not yet for me". These comments sound more like the pretensious posts you see on other LR forums ,which I can't stand, where the "selfrighteons" put people down because it's they beleive they are the spiritual and physical embodyment of Land Rover. I thought this forum was a little different, I guess not.
Some of you sound like "Self-righteous offroaders", the exact reason I quit going offroading. The same types who laugh at you when you're stuck disregarding the fact the've driven the same trail 400 times. You drive trucks in mud. BFD!

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I choose to neither agree or disagree at this point in time with the current subject, I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of both vehicles. The LR is obviously mine (I just put a Thule ski rack on top of my LR rack - love it), and the H2 is my brother-in-law's (with a 6 inch lift and 39 inch tires). I use my 2004 SE7 offroad quite a bit, and my brother-in-law has not yet taken his anywhere off the highway. Personally, I like to offroad with my friends, and we all have different types of vehicles - we look like quite the interesting caravan in Moab twice a year. And we have the time of our lives every single time. I just love spending time on the trail with friends and family. I hope to get my brother-in-law on some easy trails in Moab in April, we will see...

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture 2 of 4

Attachments

• IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 97

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture 3 of 4

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 98

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture 4 of 4

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 96
M

mldaggett

lighten up

I noticed the tire covers on ebay and thought they were pretty funny, but I guess I have a sense of humor.

One other thing, I am amazed when people talk about the poor build quality of Land Rovers, compared to what. I will agree that LR's require more attention and maintnence than your average passenger car. The build quality is just as good as any other comparable SUV, if you can find one.

I

itchyfingers

I think it is quite humorous as well. I can also comment on the tantrum that some people were having. I used to see this all the time in the RX-7 forums, I simply quit posting and just read the forums daily. People would just go off the deep end over simple things. Most of the time were meant to be a joke in the first place. I think it is a combination of pride for our vehicles and testosterone. I am not trying to slam anyone at all just merely trying to think about why this happens on forums, all forums have some form of it happening. Well anyways that is just my .02 on the matter.

PS. speaking of wheel cover if anyone has seen a wheel cover that is of the Land Rover theme and has a Hippo on it please let me know.

Thanks,
Terry

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
markthecat said:
WOW all that over a tire cover. "You should really recover a Hummer before displaying that", and "Nice Looking Disco.... but I would have the tire cover till it was true.... not yet for me". These comments sound more like the pretensious posts you see on other LR forums ,which I can't stand, where the "selfrighteons" put people down because it's they beleive they are the spiritual and physical embodyment of Land Rover. I thought this forum was a little different, I guess not.
Some of you sound like "Self-righteous offroaders", the exact reason I quit going offroading. The same types who laugh at you when you're stuck disregarding the fact the've driven the same trail 400 times. You drive trucks in mud. BFD!
Good Lord, talk about pretensious [sic] !

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I'm the farthest thing from "the spiritual and physical embodyment [sic] of Land Rover." I wish there were more cheap parts available, or American equivalents to the British blobs of rust we call engine components. My truck is damaged, stripped, and hacked, and I don't own a single part or accessory from EE or any of the other "upscale" outlets.

I also hate driving in the mud, because I have stock size AT tires and get stuck. Gimme forest trails and rocks anytime. I'm oldschool, but not without a sense of humor (something you seem to be lacking).
:rolleyes:

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The closest thing I do to counselling is asking my dog why she felt it necessary to eat my shoe, so bare with me.... but I believe that through numerous conferences, emails, and other various electronic/web BS, people never seem to get what other people mean without facial expressions, I don't think anyone is that serious about anything relating to this post, but frankly I love it when people seem annoyed with each other for stupid reasons, it makes me feel better about myself... see that was a joke, but many might think I am an ass for saying that.... anyways, thats my $11.73 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM