Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoBiscuit

Reaction score
It would be really great to get a controlled photo comparison (i.e.: same light level / angle) for the Anthracite vs Black. I love my Anthracite, but they can look completely different depending on the light conditions and amount of dirt on them. I know people ask for pics when shopping around for Compos, but most pics do not do them justice.

Here is one I prepared earlier - anthracite on the left and satin black on the right

View media item 300

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly wish the satin black was a darker black.

In the right light they look almost grey.

Wish they matched the stock black rims, intake, grill and lettering...

DiscoBiscuit

Reaction score
I honestly wish the satin black was a darker black.

In the right light they look almost grey.

Wish they matched the stock black rims, intake, grill and lettering...

Well they look pretty sweet on your white disco judging by the photos on the previous page. Maybe you should blacken your lugnuts though?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one I prepared earlier - anthracite on the left and satin black on the right

View media item 300

Even in that light though, it doesn't do the Anthracite justice. They have a really great metallic color to them if cleaned and in the right light. Your pic kinda looks like a washed out grey... and brighter for some reason or another.

DiscoBiscuit

Reaction score
Even in that light though, it doesn't do the Anthracite justice. They have a really great metallic color to them if cleaned and in the right light. Your pic kinda looks like a washed out grey... and brighter for some reason or another.

I lifted the anthracite image from a close-up "donor" photograph I found on another thread here http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/xd-monster-18in-wheels-for-lr4.25096/page-2 they do look pretty light there as you say.

Compomotive have a new batch arriving next week. I've been hassling Barry this week probably driving him crazy with "aesthetic" questions on grey vs black. I have now flip-flopped again and settled on the Anthracites which should be with me next week. Then off to get some tyres.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you decide to replace them, get Gorilla lug nuts on eBay, they are solidly built, relatively inexpensive and far superior, in my opinion, to the stock "aluminum capped" lugs that come with our cars. I've had black powder coated Gorilla lug nuts for over 3 years and they still look great, no chipping, flaking or rusting at all. The stock silver ones on my old RRS had gotten all deformed and damaged after a few air gun applications at the local tire shop, it was getting hard to fit a 22 mm socket around them.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lifted the anthracite image from a close-up "donor" photograph I found on another thread here http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/xd-monster-18in-wheels-for-lr4.25096/page-2 they do look pretty light there as you say.

Compomotive have a new batch arriving next week. I've been hassling Barry this week probably driving him crazy with "aesthetic" questions on grey vs black. I have now flip-flopped again and settled on the Anthracites which should be with me next week. Then off to get some tyres.

Yea, those pictures in that link are a much better representation of what the Anthracite actually look like. I love mine. No regrets!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72