Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjf

Reaction score
Are there any after market sensors that work? Don't feel like dropping another 190 on sensors.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will NOT interfere with the hitch. I tow my boat with 265/65/18 using the factory removable hitch.
Correct, 31.5" will fit, specifically either 285/60-18 or 265/65-18 can fit but sometimes removing the fiber shield is also helpful to make it easier.

One must remember though that the original factory hitch is different from the 2nd design with the earlier protruding into the trite area more and having a longer shaft that also hangs lower.
The 2nd design was tucked slightly closed to the frame and set the 2" shaft a little further rearward. (I have both)

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any after market sensors that work? Don't feel like dropping another 190 on sensors.

Of course they work, just have to use the same MHz frequency. Places like Discount tire will have these and match them to the year or vin.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jwest, file the sensor?

I wouldn't alter the sensor at all. I'm saying file the wheel. It's just cast aluminum, no big deal to remove a little surface inside rim seat area.

g5k.

Reaction score
... with the earlier protruding into the trite area more and having a longer shaft that also hangs lower.
The 2nd design was tucked slightly closed to the frame and set the 2" shaft a little further rearward. (I have both)

Jeepers hope this isn't a 'that's what she said' for the poor 2nd design and unsure what to make of you having both

bjf

Reaction score
Of course they work, just have to use the same MHz frequency. Places like Discount tire will have these and match them to the year or vin.

My shop that installed the tires is going to install them for free. I know any with same frequency will work but I was asking if there was one in particular that works with these wheels. The original ones I had do not fit.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeepers hope this isn't a 'that's what she said' for the poor 2nd design and unsure what to make of you having both

There were a couple typos in my post. The old design protrudes into 'tire' area more.

However, to your post, no, the new design is much better than original.

g5k.

Reaction score
There were a couple typos in my post. The old design protrudes into 'tire' area more.

However, to your post, no, the new design is much better than original.

Sorry mate my attempt at humour :)

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New or old design, they both suck for stowing larger tires and needing to tow.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New or old design, they both suck for stowing larger tires and needing to tow.

They are perfectly fine for towing but the newer design isn't as low to the ground which is an improvement.

Tires of size larger than 31-31.5" don't belong under there anyway so it's pretty much a deadend arguement IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72