Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteezTight

Reaction score
Does anyyone know of a way to make the truck sound a little louder without buying a whole new exhaust system? I have put lots of time into building a bumper and doing all kinds of engine and body work, but I think having it be a little louder would do just the trick.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove all the sound proofing. That way it's louder for you without annoying other people.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut of your rear resonater to start with, see what you think, next step would be going to an after market muffler.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Agree, remove resonator, and change muffler to glass pack if you want louder...

SteezTight

Reaction score
thanks for the help, is there any certain brand i should look for?

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure to the start of ruining a lot of components by removing your resonator. Hot gases blowing by the axle, gas tank, and other parts prematurley oxidizing all the metal of these components. You're not driving a harley motorcylce. it's a truck so why ruin it if it's quite ? If your trying to get horse power there are smarter choices. Loud for the sake of loud is silly. Go down with your window down and yell. It makes more sense or better yet put a nice condenser microphone in your engine compartment with a preamp and switcher amp in your cab with a couple of gauss 15 inch speakers attached. Would that be loud enough. Ya want it quite so one can hear when the litters and such start clattering. Jeeeeees!!!!!!!!!

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ps meant lifters not litters dam iPod changes words with the silly word check. Maybe I'll pull the resonator off of it. Jeeeeees!!!!!!!

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure to the start of ruining a lot of components by removing your resonator. Hot gases blowing by the axle, gas tank, and other parts prematurley oxidizing all the metal of these components. You're not driving a harley motorcylce. it's a truck so why ruin it if it's quite ? If your trying to get horse power there are smarter choices. Loud for the sake of loud is silly. Go down with your window down and yell. It makes more sense or better yet put a nice condenser microphone in your engine compartment with a preamp and switcher amp in your cab with a couple of gauss 15 inch speakers attached. Would that be loud enough. Ya want it quite so one can hear when the litters and such start clattering. Jeeeeees!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo