Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to notice at the bottom of the warranty contract if the edition date was 2008 or 2010?

My contract has a Nov. 09 date.

DCLR3

Reaction score
I am about 1500 miles away from my extended-extended warranty coming up. It seems most of you have lower mileage than me, I am at 72,250. Is anyone else out there similar to my position? I am going to email/call all the various places listed in this 10 page thread. My first quote was from the LR dealer at $4,000 for 3yrs/36k with $0 deductible. I have an 05 that I bought used with around 32k in 2008.

I am kinda at the point where I have to question dropping the cash on the warranty or saving for the next disaster. I have done all the regularly scheduled maintenance on the vehicle. I would like to keep but I am scared to keep going without a warranty.

ccfdad

Reaction score
Considering purchase of 2005 LR3 CPO

I am considering the purchase of a 2005 LR3 with 3 mos/15k miles of LR CPO warranty remaining. I have never owner a LR, and wondering if anyone with knowledge of the CPO program can comment on the coverage provided? Is it effectively bumper-to-bumper, excluding wear items? Anything significant not covered?

I am also considering the purchase of a Ford ESP Premiumcare contract. It seems that the experiences of most have been positive. Has anyone been surprised about a lack of coverage for anything? Would you recommend the ESP?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide. I am happy to be participating in the forum!

ccfdad

Reaction score
It is a 2005 HSE w/ 62k miles and price is $20k. Vehicle has all factory options. Thanks.

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
I would say run away as fast as you can from DBW, a quick google search finds enough info to support this.
http://complaintwire.org/Complaint.aspx/cNB7G3SI2gB5bAjMU6_ayw/2

also, once again, AVOID warranties4wheels.com, they have enough loopholes in their paperwork to avoid paying almost anything.

I am considering the purchase of a 2005 LR3 with 3 mos/15k miles of LR CPO warranty remaining. I have never owner a LR, and wondering if anyone with knowledge of the CPO program can comment on the coverage provided? Is it effectively bumper-to-bumper, excluding wear items? Anything significant not covered?

I am also considering the purchase of a Ford ESP Premiumcare contract. It seems that the experiences of most have been positive. Has anyone been surprised about a lack of coverage for anything? Would you recommend the ESP?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide. I am happy to be participating in the forum!

avoid W4W and DBW, I cant stress this enough, pure scumbags.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally spoke with Dana at Zeigler. 2400 for an out of warranty for a 4year 60k. Cheaper to get an out of warranty but the price goes up when I get past 40k. I have an 07 with 35500 miles. she is hard to get a hold of. Time for out of warranty starts at purchase of the coverage. New 7 year starts at vehicle purchase date which would only give me 3years and was more expensive. weird but it is what it is.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally spoke with Dana at Zeigler. 2400 for an out of warranty for a 4year 60k. Cheaper to get an out of warranty but the price goes up when I get past 40k. I have an 07 with 35500 miles. she is hard to get a hold of. Time for out of warranty starts at purchase of the coverage. New 7 year starts at vehicle purchase date which would only give me 3years and was more expensive. weird but it is what it is.

This is crazy. I'm 2800 miles from warranty expiration, and the whole time Ive been thinking I was going to have to drop $3700 for ESP that only extends it 3 years 50k. If I can pay $2400 for an extra 4 years and 50k that is a freaking deal...I'll take Dana out to dinner and a cocktail for that deal. What's that girl's number?:beer:

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
574 294 1563. Ask for Dana. She is super nice. Plan on pulling the trigger in July.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does seem totally backwards. I'm almost at 40k miles right now and still have until JAN 2012 and 50k miles before the factory warranty expires. It seems odd that out of warranty would be cheaper than in warranty. Did Dana at Ziegler give any guidance on price above 40k miles?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635