Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad direction to take since you don't plan on driving it much but note with 55k, you'll most likely replace front and rear differentials, compressor for suspension, and front/rear bushings- will cost a few $$$ easily. As for the GYs, consider replacing them soon for your own peace of mind and quiet ride! keep it aligned and keep the air pressure up too. You won't regret it! Good luck!

I thought the differential problem was fixed as was the compressors on the 07 model? I thought the only thing i'd have to worry about was the suspension airbags,
bushings I understand but I can afford to replace those things. anyways... I'm hoping that nothing serious happens for at least a year or two and that I have a great chance of spending way less than the warranty would cost me.

I don't plan to take it offroad much (unless you count potholes on lakeshore drive) and it is kept in a heated garage so hopefully it will last, the history is good so I know its not a lemon so hopefully it will be durable and I can hang on to this great truck for as long as possible. I'm going to replace the tires asap, that with a few other things like a dog guard, cargo liner and i'll be all set for the summer when it comes!

And I paid 24k + 2k of BS/taxes

I got the color combo and model year I wanted though and its in pretty good shape so I can't complain!

GWDRoverTX

Reaction score
Sonies - You may want to do more research on the warranties out there. I went with the Ford ESP as a lot of people here have done. I had about 59k miles on my 2007 LR3 and got the Ford ESP Premium Care. I bought it through Ziegler Ford and paid $2,750 for 4 yrs/48k miles. I used it once for replacing the front bushings done by my indy shop which specializes in LRs and Jaguars. Only problem was slight difference between what shop charged and what Ford ESP said repair should cost.

chris006

Reaction score
Ford ESP experience

Just wanted to follow up and post my recent experience with the Ford ESP plan for those that might be considering going that route.

Bought my LR3 back in January (31,300 miles just under 4 years old) and still had some life on the original warranty. Once the original warranty finished up I purchased the Ford ESP Premium level plan. Took the truck in for an oil change, tire rotation, and state safety inspection late December and the dealership found some issues with the ball joints and tire rods. They quoted me close to $1200 for the work (ball joints, rod replacement, and wheel alignment) which seemed high but not crazy. After I told them I had the extended warranty they called Ford and everything was covered. Paid my $50 deductible and the $80 for the oil change and tire rotation. The service rep at the dealership even made the comment that the Ford ESP plan is a great plan and they never have issues getting approvals for needed work.

Bought my plan through Zeigler Ford as many that have posted here also did. They had the best price around and were pretty easy to work with although not the most responsive at first when I had questions he was quick after I decided to get the plan. Also checked with a local Ford dealership and they actually had a pretty close price (within a few hundred dollars) but Zeigler had the best price. After this experience the warranty has half paid for itself.

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post that I just pulled the trigger on a Ford ESP extended warranty for my LR3. Purchased it through Zeigler Ford and work with Diana. My LR3 is a 2008 with exactly 35K miles on it. Went with the additional 5 year/60,000 mile plan, which now keeps me under warranty until Feb 2017 or 95K miles. I went the $50 deductible route and the price of the warranty came to $3600 even.

Diana and Zeigler Ford were great to work with and would recommend to anyone.

Chrispyz

Reaction score
Piling onto this thread!

I picked up my Ford ESP today.

4 year / 48,000 mile - $3000.00

Total peace of mind :)

--Chris

matrix239

Reaction score
Yes!!!

After reading all of these posts and doing plenty of research, I decided to go with the Ford ESP. I live in the Boston area and with snow, bad roads and crazy cold winters, I wanted a good warranty that would not keep me up at night and praying nothing would go wrong on my '08 LR3. Just cracked the 50,000 mile mark. If any of you are in the Boston area and want to talk with someone who knows their stuff and really works with all kinds of budgets, go see Sheila at York Ford! This woman worked tirelessly with me and made sure that I got the warranty that was best for me and didn't break the bank. 2/24000 for $2700. If I keep this LR, I'll renew...but Get the ESP!!! Spend the extra $$ for the extra piece of mind.

-Michael

Starbuck4

Reaction score
Used Car Inspection

I too purchased the ESP extended warranty using Zeigler Ford's online component- $3k for 4years/48K miles which is much better than the dealer quote of $3880. I purchased the ESP out of warranty.

Also, Dana is no longer in the Warranty position at Zeigler Ford.

Did anyone that purchased the ESP out of warranty do the Used Car Inspection?

Thanks,

Alissa

GWDRoverTX

Reaction score
I also purchased the same ESP warranty from Ziegler Ford. I too got the 4 yr/48k miles for a little less, but I raised the deductible to $200. My LR3 was at about 60k miles so I too was out of warranty. As a result, I had to have the used car inspection done, which was done at a local Ford dealer's shop.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bravo to the Ford ESP Premium Care so far has been a great experience simply because the waranty inspectors sent out to my local indy shop have always been experienced professionals well informed of Land Rover capabilities. I get my share of 4x4 heaven and my truck keeps on TRUCKIN!

Last edited:

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually went with Fidelity for the ext-warranty. This was purchased at the dealer that service my 07 truck. At 40k miles (few weeks ago) it destroyed both differentials, wheel bearing, compressor, and rear wiper motor. My truck goes off-road and deep water crossing (upto 3 feet, to-date). I definitely made out ok...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM