Extremely frustrated...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X

xcursion

Gee, I wonder why Lexus is getting all the business nowadays...They may not have the best products but they sure have the right attitude. What you just said is no different from any job that any one of us holds. But keep this up and you won't have any repeating customers.

R

roverdawg

xcursion said:
Gee, I wonder why Lexus is getting all the business nowadays...They may not have the best products but they sure have the right attitude. What you just said is no different from any job that any one of us holds. But keep this up and you won't have any repeating customers.

Amen to that. I've accompanied friends/family members with Lexus vehicles on service visits and have been absolutely floored by the amazing customer service they rec'd. Night & Day. Not saying that LR has to reach that level, just strive for something in that direction as well as strive for consistency among dealers. Lexus understands that they have independent dealer/owners but holds them to stringent standards.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on January figures, be aware Lexus sells over 10K vehicles a month with 6189 of those being the Lexus RX 300 & 400h. Land Rover sells 3000. No excuse for poor service, but the Lexus dealers around here are huge and can afford kissing your ****. :) It really is their trademark. Some people really eat it up.

My (tiny) local Land Rover dealer, which is pretty good, doesn't even give out loaners outside the required maintenance schedule. D'oh!

R

roverdawg

grommet said:
Based on January figures, be aware Lexus sells over 10K vehicles a month with 6189 of those being the Lexus RX 300 & 400h. Land Rover sells 3000. No excuse for poor service, but the Lexus dealers around here are huge and can afford kissing your ****. :) It really is their trademark. Some people really eat it up.

My (tiny) local Land Rover dealer, which is pretty good, doesn't even give out loaners outside the required maintenance schedule. D'oh!

Grommet,

Good point. Wishful thinking on my part, but I would hope that with less buyers, it would make each one's opinion that much more important to Land Rover. But economics always wins out in the end as it is a business, after all. Others' mileage may vary, but a lot of the non-mechanical issues that I've had with Land Rover service could have been smoothed over at little/no cost i.e employee knowledge/attitude and keeping your customer in the loop. Letting me know when my car's ready or if there's been a part delayed goes a long way.

H

Houm_WA

I was specifically referring to Service Dept. surveys, not sales. I would assume that we all got treated OK by our sales folks, otherwise we would've went elsewhere !!

That said, here is my decree for how we should respond to surveys:

Just be honest.

....no embelishing, no ass-kissing, no real emotion. ....tell the truth, and tell your service writer of your intentions. That way, there are no surprises. Likewise, when they do a good job, write up an honest evaluation of that as well.

M

Matt_Grim2

Alright get this, I just got a call from the service department (my car was in to get door panel fixed because of rattle) they had my car up on the lift to work on the panel and someone he said either they raised another life or put this on down with the door open and they knocked the door hinges out of alignment, I WAS LIKE ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING ME, how the hell does that happen, he went on to say that there was no body damage at all, I let him have it and stated that if there is any problem with the door & if there is any noise while they are driving they will not be happy this happened... The guy was so shocked that this could happen, i was even more shocked... I am just speachless, I will keep you guys updated...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, how do you knock the door hinges out of allignment? I honestly didn't think they were adjustable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM